I closed out 2021 with a family trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico & we had the best time! We decided to stay at a condo, so this would be the perfect place for a girls trip, family trip or bach party! I wanted to make a travel guide for you to check out the next time you’re in need of a little paradise. Read more to see what I wore, where I stayed, what I ate and all of our fun activities.
Click on any of the images under all of these pictures to shop my vacay fits!
where should I stay?
We stayed in an air bnb in Portofino Marina Vallarta. It had four bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a dining room (inside & outside!) and we had our own private pool & hot tub out on the balcony! The complex is gorgeous & has tons of amenities! You’ll have access to the gym, tennis, paddle & beach volleyball courts, restaurant & private beach! 🌴
Need a new bikini? I linked some of my favorites here!
where to eat & drink in Puerto Vallarta
- Cafe de Tacuba in Mexico City. It specialized in Mexican food (obvi) and seafood & the margs were as big as my grandma’s face. Super fun vibe!
- Los Mariachiles Restaurante in Puerto Vallarta! This restaurant was super fun – they love to make you wear sombreros & take tequila shots (not me, though 🙅♀️).
- El Palomar de los González in Alta Vista, Puerto Vallarta! Super fun spot, the band came up & played next to our table!
- Restaurante Barcelona Tapas Puerto Vallarta! Super cute tapas spot! Perfect excuse to dress cute & take a pic in the sunset!
- Tintoque in Puerto Vallarta! We celebrated NYE here & it was super fun! They have a super creative menu & we ate so many interesting tapas! If you’re looking for a nice dinner, this is the place!
What to do in Puerto Vallarta?!
This place was paradise! We spent almost all of our time in the pool & at the beach. We also spent one day out on a yacht excursion. We rented it from GetMyBoat Puerto Vallarta! Highly recommend – the view is gorgeous & they had paddleboards & kayaks for us to use!
what to wear on your tropical vacay?!
Your cutest bikinis, some straw purses & plenty of cute dresses! I also recommend bringing a crossbody for the more casual nights – dinner & dancing, clubs, traveling, etc. I might be an overpacker but I wore basically everything! I brought one bikini for every day, a couple cover ups, one dinner outfit per night & a couple casual outfits to wear on the off chance I’m not in a bathing suit. I usually plan my outfits with shoes so I always bring a ton. But if you’re looking to save some space, plan to bring a pair of shoes in all the neutral colors – one black, brown & white!
Here are my tips on packing for a two-week trip with only a carry on!
Hope this helps when you’re planning your next tropical getaway! It was the perfect blend of fun & relaxation because we all deserve a little break! Let me know if you have any other recommendations!