Y’all notice everything! In January I got serious about losing weight and some of you noticed the changes before I even did. While my weight loss journey is not complete I am going to share how I lost 15 lbs in less then 2 months! Sharing my weight loss story, progress pictures, what I ate (some of my favorite recipes), my workout routine, and why I decided to start losing weight (again)!
My story started in 2010, after my freshmen year in college, I gained the freshmen 15 and then some. I weighed close to 160 lbs on my worst day which is a lot for my 5″3′ frame. During college I would go home for summer, workout like crazy (6-7 days a week) and eat pretty much nothing ~800 calories a day and go back to school and drink + party. See why I stopped drinking here.
I developed an unhealthy relationship with food and weighed myself ALL THE TIME… like 6 times a day. At my lowest in college I weighed 113 lbs n(right). In February of 2018 I decided to stop weighing myself all together. I learned how to eat when I was hungry and stop when I was full. Only problem was the things I was eating were unhealthy… I really like SUGAR. I was back up to 150 lbs in 2019. In January of 2020 I quit my engineering job to pursue blogging full time. Read more here. I finally had time to focus on me and what makes me happy. Down 5 lbs and in February of 2020 my ex and I of 2.5 years broke up. I moved into my own apt and 10 additional lbs came off (keep reading for what I ate + my workouts). Weigh in today was 134 lbs.
3 things I learned about myself:
- I can do anything if I put my mind to it.
- Being alone doesn’t mean you are lonely. (thanks mom!)
- When I am happy in my life I don’t over eat and losing weight is easy!
What I ate:
80% of abs are made in the kitchen! My diet was intermittent fasting (eating only from noon to 8 pm) + limiting carbs and NO SUGAR. I stopped counting calories because it makes me too obsessive with how much I am eating. I don’t care for meat (texture thing!) so most of what I eat is vegetarian. Another tip is to drink lots of water because it keeps you full. Love to add in some cucumber or lime. Here is what a typical day looks like for me. Note that I am NOT a dietitian & this is what has worked for me.
- 8 am wake up
- 10 am apple cider vinegar shot (I know gross… but it works!) + water
- 11 am 305 dance fitness workout + water
- 12 pm breakfast – click here to see my 3 go to breakfasts
- 3 pm snack time (pick one) – smart sweets (love these because of all of the fiber they have), quest bar or small bowl of mozzarella balls because I LOVE CHEESE + water
- 6 pm dinner – something from dashing dish and I try to get in a lot of veggies here and no carbs! Helps me feel full! + water
- 8 pm – some nights I have an extra snack. Popcorn, smart sweets, or carrots.
Along with my diet I have been taking supplements that have been helping me along the way. I have been taking the Modere Trim and Liquid Collagen for almost a year now and have noticed a big difference in my waist stomach and arms. It also helps me feel less hungry throughout the day. You can get $10 off using my code 8313215.
I have been loving 305 dance fitness! During the quarantine 305 has been offering free live workouts @ 11 am cst on YouTube! Tune in with me tomorrow. I have been getting in 5 workouts a week. I “normally” take my 305 classes 4 days a week over at Straightline Dance Fitness.
More progress pics!
Can’t wait to continue to share my journey with you! Any questions, put them in the comments and I will be answering!