We finally went to the most instagramable spot Banff, Canada! I had been wanting to go since i saw all the blogger getting the blue water canoe pics in 2018. Read more to see what was worth it (what wasn’t) & a full itinerary!!
click any image to shop & make sure to screenshot my travel guides for your next trip!
MY TOP 5 OUTFITS FOR BANFF
WHERE WE STAYED
we stayed at one of Banff’s newest hotels, Peaks Hotel & Suites for two nights which is located in downtown Banff. The rooms were large and comfy with a design that fit perfectly into the surrounding scenery. Every window you look out of has a breathtaking view. this location was perfect and everything was within walking distance which was great for us.
we then stayed at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for the last two nights. Located right on Lake Louise this 5 star hotel offers tons on amenities that everyone will love. Whether you want to relax with a spa treatment, take a skiing lesson or rent one of the canoes on the lake, this location really has it all.
WHERE WE ATE
- beavertails: don’t let the name deter you! you HAVE to try one. I almost didn’t share mine with alex!
- brazen: such a cute restaurant. the crème brûlée designed like an ashtray was supurb!
- fairview bar and restaurant: an absolutly stunning restaurant with even better scenery. make sure to book in advance for high tea with a view.
- farm and fire: warm and cozy vibe with great comfort food, insta-worthy breakfast & they had delicious lattes!
- lakeview lounge: if it’s warm enough, sit outside to take in the beauty of Lake Louise. don’t skip on the hot chocolate, it’s the best i’ve ever had!
- sky bistro: take a gondola up to eat at 7,486 ft up (book both in advance)
- the grizzly house: think mountain house serving exotic meats for fondue.
- walliser stube: this was our favorite meal, highly recommend!! they put a twist on traditional german and swiss dishes. be sure to order a resi!
more of a beach girl? check out my travel guide for turks and caicos
WHAT WE DID
- banff gondola: the best view in all of banff! only way to get to the sky lounge (book in advance + we parked in the gondola lot). there is also a starbucks at the base!
- beehive hike: be sure to wear comfy sneaks for this 6.5 mile hike. wish we could have done this one it was too rainy. check out the tea house too!
- canoe on lake louise: this is a must do! insta worthy photo + hotel guests get a discount! you can’t beat that.
- shopping in downtown banff: canada goose, lululemon and north face shopping all on the cutest downtown street.
- sunrise at lake moraine: booked through moraine lake bus but wish we did the one through the hotel. we wish it hadn’t been so cloudy! hopefully you will have better luck!
trying to travel light? check out this blog post on how to pack everything into a carry-on.
WHAT TO WEAR
layering is key here. temps change with altitude so you want things you can take off if needed. workout wear and comfortable shoes for lots of hiking. be sure to pack some date night dinner outfits as well. there are a lot of fine dining options available and you need to do at least one during your stay!
is the city more your vibe? check out this nashville travel guide!
I hope this helps if you’re thinking about banff for your next vacation! If you have any other ideas & must-sees you would like to share, be sure to add them to the comments!
be sure to screenshot the banff travel itinerary for help with planning your trip!