Tis’ the season for temptations, eating out and a lot of sweets! I know it can be hard to sticky with eating healthy during the holidays so I created a list of my 5 steps I use to stay healthy during the holidays. Click more to read!
- Eat healthy when you have the option. When there is a salad, I fill up on that first. Then I am fuller and have less room for the sweets and carbs.
- Be prepared. I try to pack a healthy lunch for work do it! When someone is bringing donuts Friday, I bring my own healthy snack to enjoy & still feel like part of the fun.
- Drink water. I am not very good at determining if I am hungry or thirsty so I make sure to force fluids throughout the day.
- Limit alcohol intake. I know when I used to drink (blog post on why I quit here & here) I would snack wayyy more when I had a few too many cocktails.
- Focus on conversations vs. food. I actually used this when I stopped drinking but it works great for eating. Instead of focusing on all the snacks and treats I find an engaging conversation to have!
This is what has worked for me, but in the end it’s ok to enjoy yourself and indulge throughout the holidays! I know they will still be selling lettuce 🥬 in January lol.
Would love to hear any tips that have worked for you in the comments! I will also answer any questions you have there too! 💕