It is a crazy time with all of the social distancing. Everyone is now working from home and together all the time! To be the best resource for you I have 7 tips to help you stay motivated. These tips will work now and also when everything returns back to normal. And for me that will mean I am still working from home! I also have a blog post on how I get the most out of my day with more tips!
7 tips to stay motivated:
- Create a schedule this helps to clear my mind and organize what I am going to do for the day. Once I have the schedule down I feel less anxious and just follow tasks one step at a time. For me I need to do this every day. I skipped one day and felt out of control, crazy how just writing something down can help so much.
- Get your sweat on this is sooo important for me. If I don’t get sweaty it is honestly hard for me to do anything. I try to get a super sweaty workout 4 times a week and walk on the other days. Right now I even count walking to get my packages or take a couple of laps around my apt when I am on the phone. For my workouts I am doing 305 dance fitness live and at straightline dance fitness.
- Set short term goals we all need those easy wins especially right now. I am working on making my bed each day. It takes 5 minutes but makes you feel amazing and you are ready to take on the day.
- Set long term goals, create a plan of action and track to the plan For me I have long term earnings goals broken out by month. I track to my goal in an excel spreadsheet (write it down!) and check in with my mom to see how I am doing. This brings me to the next tip.
- Select an accountability partner Having an accountability partner is crucial. They can call you out when you are off track. I am more motivated just knowing I am going to have to share how I am doing with my mom. When I was back at my 9-5 I set goals with my manager as an accountability partner. I recently lost 10 lbs and I weighed in each day with my mom and sister in a group chat!
- The so what creating goals is great but if you don’t have a reason behind, the why or the “so what” factor… they are meaningless. I have this as reminder so it is always top of mind.
- Reward yourself when you meet small milestones reward yourself. I said when I hit $X dollar amount I could splurge on a chanel (maybe defeated the goal a little lol). When I lost 10 lbs I was excited to get some new denim shorts in a size smaller! I don’t recommend treats because again that defeats the purpose for me lol. (don’t worry I still indulge :))
What has helped your during this time? Any tips I should add to the list?! Or anything you are struggling with? I am here to help!
One thought on “7 Tips to Stay Motivated”
can you tell us how you lost 15 pounds 😉