I moved to Minneapolis in January of 2017 with zero friends…I know pretty scary especially in the middle of winter. I figured girls still workout in the winter, right?! So I was on the hunt for a new studio to make some friends. The Bar Method had a free first class so obvi I picked that one (girl’s on a budget). It only took one class before I was hooked.
So what exactly is barre? Barre fitness classes are inspired by ballet with a little bit of pilates, yoga, isometric strength training (holding your body still while you contract a specific set of muscles – this is the killer shake ladies) and some kick a** music to keep you pumped.
There are many barre studio’s but the BEST is The Bar Method! There are two locations near me (North Loop & Edina) and 117 different studios across the US! Click here to find the studio nearest you!
10 Reasons I Love The Bar Method:
- The Bar Method studios are BEAUTIFULLLL. Super clean, new equipment, and amazing showers (almost nicer than the one in my apartment). When I work out I want to go to a place that looks nice while I work out my booty.
- The attention. The instructors remember your name, even just after your first time there… it makes you feel like a part of the family. The instructors actually CARE about you.
- The feedback. The instructors give you critiques and make sure you’re not slacking…I mean isn’t that what they are there for? Why would I go to a workout class, doing something wrong & no one tell me? I’m always trying to be my best self.
- The clothes!! It’s basically a fashion show…so much lulu & alo I can’t even handle myself. If I am going to spend $120 on a pair of leggings I want to be able to show them off & for other barre-obsessed people to appreciate them.
- The impact. It is a great workout for people with injuries! I have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (not just for old ladies) in both of my knees. Bar Method is low impact and easy on my joints.
- The lack of sweat. You get a workout, see muscles changing…but you don’t SWEAT (sometimes I do a little…but I make sure we get the fans going faster). Who wants to be all gross & sweaty for a workout if you don’t have to be?
- The RESULTSSS… you are working your muscles to fatigue (that’s the shake!). You can really make it what you want. The harder you work the more results you will see. My abs have made the biggest transformation…working on that six pack.
- The mirrors … you get to look at yourself the entire time…basically my favorite part. I have an unhealthy relationship with mirrors. So much so that at restaurants I can’t face a mirror…I just can’t stop myself. Who else is with me?!
- The instructor’s training. The instructors know what they are talking about & can actually help you get a better workout. The instructors take a full WEEK of training (including learning about anatomy + muscles) & about 6 months to practice & get certified!
- The stretching!! Just a little bit though… haven’t you ever wanted to get your splits?! With a background in cheerleading I love getting back in there to work on my flexibility. I have my heel stretch again!
Are you convinced that this is the BEST studio ever?! If you are in the Minneapolis area, I would love to take you to your first class for FREE.