Engineer by day && FASHIONISTA by night… I have finally found the balance of how to bring my style to work. Here are my 5 easy steps I follow to dress to impress!
1. Silent jewelry! I make sure my jewelry doesn’t make any noise. I don’t want anything distracting from my beautiful brain at work!
2. Size up! I had to learn this the hard way. My first male manager had to tell me people were talking about me around the office…&& not in a good way. My clothes were WAY TOO SMALL && too tight!!
See what I am saying….
3. Dress for the Day! I dress for the meetings I have that day. Am I going to be doing a lot of sitting that day? No skirts. Walking? Lower shoes. Do I have my site management meeting? Maybe not the day for my new hot pink blouse && green pants 🙂
4. Dress for the Job I Want! Working at a manufacturing site it is super casual, people wear jeans everyday. My manager however, dresses business casual so you best believe I am too!
5. Only one statement piece! I sometimes fib on this a bit, but it helps to make sure my outfit doesn’t get to crazzzy. Huge statement earrings? I dress my outfit down with casual crops and a blouse. Loud pants? I do a plain top && neutral shoes. For work…less is more. I don’t want people talking about my outfit instead of my ideas!
Comment what your go look work style tips!